The Student News Site of Granada High School

The Pomegranate

The Pomegranate

The Pomegranate

Grabbing Life by the Horns

Club Spotlight: Archery Club

The GHS Archery Club was created by founder and current club president Noya Shalmoni. She stated that the club was made “so that everybody in the school can be able to do archery,” since outside of the club the only exposure students get to the sport is the sophomore year P.E. unit.

Club member Asha Bardoliwalla said that, “In P.E., to be honest… there’s not a lot of support or help.”

She went on to talk about how the club provides a way for students to learn about archery in a more meaningful way than what the P.E. class offers.

“It [the club] is more of a community, you actually can do it with your friends and have people talk about it and give each other tips,” Bardoliwalla explained. 

The club meets at the archery closet on Tuesdays at lunch. Shalmoni puts up the targets in the mornings so that there’s more time to shoot during meetings.

“We tend to just shoot during meetings,” Shalmoni said, “But we do plan on having more things like fundraisers to get new equipment.”

The club uses the P.E. equipment, and as most GHS students know, P.E. class sports equipment is old and worn down. Fundraisers to get new archery gear would help not only the club, but the regular classes too. 

If you’re a GHS student interested in archery, go check out the club. It’s a fun opportunity to learn more and improve your skills with your friends during school hours.