Club Spotlight: Future Medical Professions/Red Cross

The Future Medical Professions club has been in Granada for a bit. This club focuses on learning about the medical field. FMP is great if you want to connect and bond with others who have similar interests in medicine. They do numerous things for people in need and they help out around our community. This club gives students a way to learn about different career paths, diseases, and other relevant topics in the healthcare field. The Future Medical Professions club is open to any students who are interested in all aspects of medicine and healthcare. This club allows students to have a deeper understanding of healthcare topics through club meetings every Wednesday in room S-8. 

This club hopes to allow students to learn more about the medical field and to take the next step in their career path. The FMP club’s greatest achievements are its blood drives and donations. 

FMP has six officers running the club this year. Krati Soni (senior), the president of this club says that “… joining this club helped me find like-minded individuals to share my passions with.”

Abigail Sabado, a junior at FMP and the vice president says, “I can’t wait for guest speakers, learning more about the medical field, and blood drives.” Similarly, the publicist of the club, Isha Sahu (junior), explains, “I’m looking forward to guest speakers, blood drives, and meeting new members.”

Aayeshi Kalra (sophomore) is the secretary for the club and says she’s, “always dreamed of being a surgeon.” Adithi Chakkera, a junior, helps coordinate events and plan fun interactive activities for the club to participate in. Last but not least, Giselle Fernandez-Bejar (sophomore), the treasurer, wants to, “meet everyone and learn more about the medical field!”

Last year, this club organized a blood drive for the Red Cross. Blood donation is a very good deed to do because hospitals need blood for surgeries, cancer treatment, chronic illnesses, and other traumatic injuries. Additionally, they held a first aid workshop for students to learn how to utilize the materials given inside a first aid kit. There have been many considerate and helpful events from the club. This year has had a guest speaker, Rachel Sabado. Additionally, on November 8 (of this year), FMP is hosting another first aid workshop to “learn how to properly use a first aid kit and potentially save a life.” This club has a lot more plans for this year’s season and it’s a pretty interactive and informational club. 

Annaporani Armanath says, “I joined FMP because I want to become a neuroscientist. I really like this club because it gives a lot of insight into science and it’s really good if you want to learn more about biology.” Anna’s favorite part about the club is, “the way it runs and the people who are in the position of leading it, who are really nice.” She likes this club because it’s very informational and helpful to her future. She says, “They give you some cool activities, like identifying what parts are in the human body.”

Anna recommends the club “for anyone who is interested in science and human body functions, but this club is leaning towards people who want to make a career out of medicine.” Anna explains that 4-5 of her friends are in this club as well and she would, “definitely visit this club in the future because I think it is a great way to learn about biology, how systems work, how the human body functions, and helping out in fundraisers and carnivals that the club hosts.” As mentioned, this club is ideal and great if you want to pursue a medical career.

The Future Medical Professions/Red Cross club is a great choice if you’re into science, interested in having a medical career, or just discovering new things. Granada FMP meets every Wednesday in room S-8. You can follow them on Instagram (@granadafmp) right now.