Athlete Feature: Paige Bennett #7

%237+Setting
Bob Bronzan
#7 Setting

Paige Bennett is a second year GHS varsity Volleyball player, and a former varsity diver for Granada as well.

“I have played six years of volleyball, and all four of my high school years at Granada,” said Bennett.

Not only is she a dedicated athlete, but a high-achieving student. Bennett challenges herself in her classes and even excels as well.

“I have taken any APs that are available, and manageable each year.” Bennett continues, “It has been difficult at times to manage my studies and sports but I have an amazing support system. My parents are my inspirations and a great guiding light for me as well.” 

Paige Bennett is the varsity’s starting setter, she can always be seen sprinting across the court in order to set her hitters.

“I do love my position, although it can be really tiring sometimes,” said Bennett. “Last year I played for Granada as a libero (back-row specialist) and I definitely prefer my spot as a setter.”

As well as Granada Volleyball, Bennett plays Club volleyball during the school’s off-season.

“I hope to keep playing in college, probably for a club tea,” comments Bennett.  “By far my favorite part of the sport is the teams I play for…Some of my favorite memories, especially this season, are hanging out with my team before games. My pregame routine is listening to music, and of course, our DO IT cheer for good luck.”

AJCP-0066.jpg

Granada Volleyball had their last game, and senior night, this past Tuesday. They beat Livermore High School in three sets and had an emotional celebration at the end. 

“I’m sad to see it go, this has been an amazing team and I feel lucky to have been such a big part of it,” said Bennett. “I do plan to visit next year and support our new teams!”