New Musical Production Club Starting This Year

In addition to old clubs starting up again, there have been new clubs that students are starting. One of them is the musical production club, which is being started by a new student who just transferred to Granada this year. Logan Marcotte (11) just moved to Granada from Castro Valley High School and wants to share his love of music with the rest of the school. 

“I got into music production a year ago at Castro Valley High School music production club. My musical inspiration was the band Starset. I’m into making rock music, ” said Marcotte.

“I was in the music production club at Castro Valley. They usually had everyone doing their own thing. Every week they did a sample challenge, where they gave the club members a sound and had them incorporate it into a song.”

After seeing that Granada didn’t have a music production club, Marcotte decided to start one to “create a community that has the same interest as me and share it with more people.”

The club is going to meet in the Music 1 room every Tuesday after school for an hour.

When asked about who the club supervisor would be, Marcotte said, “Mr. Pascoe, love him.”

The club’s main focus is to just gather musicians and just make music together, which is slightly different from the club in Castro Valley where students “did their own thing.”

“The club will be focused mostly on group activities to get musicians connected so they can share their knowledge and learn together”, Marcotte said.

When asked about whether he liked Granada he said, “It’s really different from the school I was at… in a good way. I definitely prefer the community at this school over the one at my previous school.”

To students who are unsure about joining, Marcotte said, “Just come in for a day and try it out and if you don’t like it, you dont like it. If you live your life scared of trying new things you’ll gain nothing from it. Please join, I need officers.”

If you enjoy music and you’re interested in learning how to produce, then join the music production club, after school on Tuesdays in the Music room.