Varsity Softball Gets a New Field

The varsity softball field at Granada is getting a new makeover. The softball field has not had a full reconstruction since it was first constructed causing there to be uneven dirt and grass affecting how they play. All of the players are looking forward to the new field and are anticipating the upcoming spring season. 

Many of the players believe that the field is getting redone because of the grass or how the field looks compared to the other fields.

Player Maddison Hom states, “Simply, it was just not in good condition and it was a safety hazard.”

Ms. Ha has confirmed this stating that, “The field had some damage and that it was found as a need from our bond department.”

The outfield and warning track are most looked forward to among the players. They stated that the grass was ruined, had many potholes and was uneven making it harder for them to field the ball. The players are also excited to have a new pitching mound that does not have a hole in front of it and is even with home plate. They are also anticipating having a new infield with even dirt to make the ball bounces easier to read.

Many of the players feel that this new field will give them the motivation to play better and improve their softball skills. They also feel that the new outfield and warning track will help the outfielders field the ball cleanly and will be able to make them more aware so that they do not end up running into the fence. These player feel that this new makeover could boost their confidence and their morale during games.