The Granada Career Fair: What to Expect

The career fair has been going on since 2014 to help students find a career path they want to go down. The career fair has grown from its start 10 years ago from 15 to 20 vendors or employers to 30 and up to 40 vendors. These vendors visit our school to talk about their career and how to achieve that goal. 

When asked about what the purpose of the career fair is, the organizer of the event, Mrs. Watson, commented,”Its for kids to explore career opportunities and pathways and talk to people about their jobs and how they got there to kind of give them an idea if they’re kind of interested in that field, these are the steps that they needs to take to get there.”

Everything from their salary to the education requirements for the job can be discussed and learned at the career fair. 

The Career Fair, organized and put on by Mrs. Watson in the counseling center, is happening on February 28 from 9:30-12:30 in the big gym and is open to all students during lunch. There will be many vendors handing out souvenirs and plenty of knowledge regarding their career.

It has proven to be successful in past years, “So we have had people get jobs in the past, we have had kids get internships at Lawrence Livermore national lab,” says Mrs Watson regarding the event.

The Career Fair has so much to offer such as; souvenirs, helpful guidance, possible job opportunities and internships.This will give you a great opportunity to learn about different opportunities all in one place.