The Student News Site of Granada High School

The Pomegranate

The Pomegranate

The Pomegranate

Grabbing Life by the Horns

Granada Buy Nada

Event hosted by Green Team club

Granada’s Green Team club is hosting a serviceable event called “Granada Buy Nada”. This occasion will help reduce, reuse, and recycle the clothing you don’t wear or use anymore and provide other students with new clothes for free. 

Let’s look at what Senior Maddison Lai (president of the Green Team club) and Senior Kayla Rickerson (member of the Green Team club) have to say about this event. 

Q: “Why are you hosting this event?/What is this event?” 

A: “It’s basically a way to get the Granada and Livermore communities together and to promote environmental sustainability instead of constantly buying new clothes. You can just circulate it amongst the community. It’s a pretty fun and nice way to get everybody together but also for the environment and learning how to reduce. Plus it was winter break so many people got new clothes so you could switch them out instead of throwing away clothes you can still use. No waste.”

Q: “Why did you decide to create this club?”

A: “It’s been a club for five years now. It was the Fenner sisters. They created it and everything and I became so passionate about it and I really wanted to run it and bring my ideas to the table. I joined it because I think I heard about the club in the announcements and I thought it was a really cool thing to talk about and I think it was really different than all the other clubs. It helps the school get more involved because I think the Green Team Club is more pushed aside. We do a lot for the environment and the community.”

Q: “What are the details of this event?” 

A: “Everyone can come, everyone is invited. We welcome families and kids, we want everybody to come. On Saturday, February 3rd from 10 am to 1 pm is when you can drop off clothes, donate clothes, and then get a ticket with your name that you sign. Then you bring that ticket on Sunday, February 4th from 9 am to 2 pm and you get priority to come in first, earlier in the day when we have all of the clothes out. It’s basically first come first serve so if you give something, you get something first. You have a specific time to look through all of the clothes. Maybe like an hour or so. We really hope to see many people there!”