The Student News Site of Granada High School

The Pomegranate

The Pomegranate

The Pomegranate

Grabbing Life by the Horns

Teacher Spotlight: Madam Lillie

Teacher Spotlight: Madam Lillie
Hannah Robinson

Chances are, if you’re a freshman in F.I.T. or taking French, you’ve met Madam Lillie. Madam Lillie has a classroom in the portables, P21. This week, let’s get to know one of our teachers!

Mdm. Lillie is a super genuine teacher; she is kind and caring. She shares, “My favorite parts of teaching are the kids, they are really funny.” Mdm. Lillie says that she really enjoys being with the students and getting to know them. If that doesn’t sound like a caring teacher, I don’t know what is! She doesn’t however enjoy the grading part of being a teacher but, can we blame her?

This trimester, Mdm. Lillie is teaching all FIT however, during the second and third trimesters she fully teaches French, “I do speak French myself.” Can you guess what her favorite class to teach is? It’s French 1! Mdm. Lillie favors teaching French 1 because “it’s like teaching kindergarten.”

Mdm. Lillie has been teaching for 21 years; she started teaching at Granada in 2004, she took a break from teaching for a little while when her youngest daughter was born, and fortunately, she came back shortly after. In total, she’s been teaching at Granda for around 20 years.

She grew up in Oregon with her whole family who are still there. Mdm. Lillie went to Oregon State University where she got her undergraduate degree in French and her Masters in Foreign Language Education. She met her husband who is a Granada Alumni, and he was the ASB President and the mascot!

They moved to Livermore and have lived here with their family ever since.