The Student News Site of Granada High School

The Pomegranate

The Pomegranate

The Pomegranate

Grabbing Life by the Horns

2023 Homecoming Skits

Hello Granada High, this is Brayden Tennyson teaming with Harrison Atkins and Taylor Bell on skits review at Granada. The skits went from October 2 to October 5. They all happened after 2nd period from 10:55 to 11:20 except Wednesday which was from 10:45 to 11:10. The skits are over now but that doesn’t mean we won’t remember how great they were.

The first Skit to start homecoming off was the Freshmen and their theme, “Into the City.” The group was almost all cowgirls with a total of 5 boys, who were stranded 3000 miles away from Livermore and needed help to return to Granada. They got lost in New York, New Orleans, Dallas, and finally Los Angeles. The freshmen dances were enjoyable, and the choreography was good, but last year’s freshmen were a bit more on top. Emma Carol was interviewed for her opinion on the Freshmen skit,  “I think it was a lot of fun and I liked it a lot, but it was stressful preparing.” It sounds like the freshmen had a great skit but did it top last year? Well, one of the girls from the skit had this to say about whose skit was better, “I think sophomores this year were better, to be honest.”

The Sophomores! This year’s class of ‘26’s theme was “Into the Superbowl,” The sophomore team put together a skit that took us back to the endzone. The Star QB “Matt Adorion” (Jack Badger) was offered a deal by Dublin’s coach

that he couldn’t refuse, millions of dollars, and 10 cars for his girl all to join Team Dublin. He rejects the coach’s offer after his fellow Matadors show their love and support for Matt. After he rejects Dublin, the two teams compete in the Homecoming Game, the game starts and Granada is down 3 points with 1 quarter left, but, with Granada’s team spirit and Matt back on, they make a comeback with a touchdown made by Matt himself and win the Hoco game to get the trophy and that Sweet W. The Star QB let us know how he thinks the skit went, “I think it went well and overall we did good.”

The Juniors! This year’s class of 25´s theme was “Into The Toybox,¨ The skit started with Captain Mat and Ms. Mat being the newest addition to Andy’s toy box. Ms. Mat wants to go back into the store and Captain Mat tries to 

convince her that it’s better in Andy’s room. They both go through different toys, and they come to the conclusion that it is divided between Barbies, ballerinas, and military men. Ms. Mat and Captain Mat convince all the toys that it’s better together and they do a big dance at the end. Sophomore Nathaniel Resong had this to say, ¨Not quite as good as the sophomore one but definitely a lot better than the freshman one.¨ Another student opinion from Eleanor Kraft, ¨From my perspective I think the skit went great from dances to story.¨ Many enjoyed the junior skit for the funny moments from the action figures to the amazing dance performed by the military men.

Seniors:  The seniors had an awesome skit this year which in some opinions may have been the best one. It starts off with Rose Stephanie Walker, an Astronaut, who crash lands on an alien planet after hitting a meteor field, and when she wakes up she meets a friendly alien who offers to help Rose find her way home. Along the way, they meet a rude police officer, a basketball team, and a ton of other friends. When they think it’s over for them, the Men in Black show up to take Rose home but Rose’s alien friend is sad to see her go so they all do one big dance and Rose is able to go home. Senior Jessica Owens shared her opinion on the skit, “I feel like we did perfect because we practiced so much and then we did so good without mistakes.” The seniors truly did amazing!

This year’s skits were really great. From Dallas to football, to Barbies, and to aliens, we hope you enjoyed them just as much as we did!