The Top Summer Albums That You Might Have Missed

Every summer is full of new music releases. This summer, everybody knew Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) or Pink Tape, but there are plenty of albums that you might not have heard about. Here are the top seven albums released over the summer that you might have missed.

Austin by Post Malone

Barely a year after Twelve Carat Toothache, Post Malone’s surprise fifth album Austin is a fun pop-rock album that still highlights all of Post Malone’s best qualities. Production is great on every track, and the lyrics are well-written and don’t feel too similar to Malone’s past work. Austin has more of a pop sound than his other albums and will appeal to people outside of his fan base. Stand-out tracks include “Something Real,” “Chemical,” and “Mourning.”

MY GOD! by Tessa Violet

The follow-up to 2019’s Bad Ideas, Tessa Violet is finally back with MY GOD! which improves on the sounds of the last album. MY GOD! is a fun, summer-pop album that has a great vibe for the summer. Lyrics and instrumentation are catchy while staying creative. Stand-out tracks include “BAD BITCH,” “YES MOM,” and “You Are Not My Friend.”

Unreal Unearth by Hozier

Hozier delivers (as always) with his third album Unreal Unearth. Every track serves amazing vocals that let you know Hozier has only gotten better. Going with more of an alternative folk sound, every song contains great lyrics, instrumentation, and rhythm. Stand-out tracks include “De Selby (Part 2),” “Francesca,” and “Eat Your Young.”

EVERGREEN by PVRIS

The excellent fourth album from PVRIS, EVERGREEN is an excellent electro-rock album filled with a lot of energy. The level of energy on every song is great and is accompanied by great instrumentation. EVERGREEN is pure rock that does not disappoint. Stand-out tracks include “GOOD ENEMY,” “GODDESS,” and “ANIMAL.”

COI by Coi Leray

Coi Leray’s second album is full of fun, energetic hits. Every track on COI has a great rhythm and flow as well as lively instrumentation and lyrics. This is an album of party-starters and is definitely a must-try for any rap fans. Stand-out tracks include “Players,” “Make My Day,” and “Get Loud.”

Snow Angel by Renee Rapp

Renee Rapp has delivered an album for the pop girlies with her debut record Snow Angel. Rapp improves on her past work with an album that is full of melodic pop while still bringing plenty of energy. The more energetic tracks contained catchy beats and fun instrumentation while the slow ballads allowed Rapp’s singing a chance to shine. Stand-out tracks include “Talk Too Much,” “Poison Poison,” and “Snow Angel.”

But Here We Are by Foo Fighters

This summer the Foo Fighters gave us an amazing alt-rock album that truly expressed the pain and depression brought on by the death of drummer Taylor Hawkins. But Here We Are holds up amongst the Foo Fighters’ extensive catalogue and every track is marked by personal lyrics, great instrumentation, and excellent production. Stand-out tracks include “The Teacher,” “Under You,” and “Rescued.”