The Best Upcoming Bay Area Concerts

The Bay Area has long been a hub for tour dates bringing in small indie artists to play music halls in cities like San Francisco and Berkeley, to major artists playing stadiums in Oakland and San Jose. Every year thousands of people flock to stadiums and music halls in the Bay Area to see their favorite artists, and this year the Bay Area is stuffed with upcoming tour dates from major artists. Here are some of the unmissable concerts happening soon.

Kali Uchis – Oakland Arena

Wrapping up her Red Moon In Venus tour Pt.II, singer/songwriter Kali Uchis will make a stop at the Oakland Arena on Tuesday, September 26, and Wednesday, September 27. Her critically acclaimed sophomore album Red Moon In Venus debuted at number four on the Billboard Top 200 and resonated with long-time fans and new listeners alike. At Granada High School, Kali Uchis fans are excited that she’s coming to a nearby Bay Area city, “That new album was crazy good, I’ve been playing it for months, I might have to go to her Oakland show,” Joshua Yelavich (12). With her high production performances and well-received album, Kali Uchis’s Red Moon In Venus tour Pt.II is definitely an unmissable concert for Bay Area residents.

Travis Scott – Oakland Arena

The Houston rapper’s long-awaited fourth studio album Utopia debuted at number one on the Billboard Top 200 and received widespread acclaim from fans. After a planned performance at the pyramids of Giza fell through, Travis Scott shocked the world by performing at the historic Circus Maximus in Rome, Italy. His album tour, appropriately named the Circus Maximus tour, is coming to the Oakland Arena on Halloween night and November 1. After bringing out rapper and close collaborator Ye (formerly Kanye West) at his Circus Maximus performance, fans are flocking to see what he has planned for Halloween night, “Utopia is probably the greatest album to ever touch the face of the Earth, I’m looking at tickets right now,” Taylin Upshaw (12). With two concert dates back to back in the giant Oakland Arena, Bay Area fans are flocking to this must-see performance.

Laufey – San Francisco

Laufey has been making music for over a decade and gaining traction and a dedicated fan base in her home country, Iceland. Recently the Jazz-pop artist has gained a major surge of popularity around the world with her debut EP Typical of Me in 2021 and her debut album Everything I Know About Love in 2022. This year her sophomore album, Bewitched, is getting her biggest tour yet, and on October 8 and 9, the Bewitched tour is coming to the Fillmore in San Francisco. After previously selling out venues in San Francisco, Laufey once again almost immediately sold out the Fillmore for both dates. Fans of Laufey are loving Bewitched. “I love Laufey, she’s everything, her new album is so good there are tears streaming down my face right now,” Isabelle Hart (12). If you are lucky enough to secure a ticket to see her this October, Laufey’s Bewitched tour is definitely a concert worth attending.

SZA – San Francisco

After a smash hit album and massive sold-out shows, SZA makes her long-awaited return to the Bay Area since her Oakland Arena performance in March. The singer/songwriter will be playing the Chase Center in San Francisco on October 26 and 27 for her SOS tour. SOS is set to be SZA’s last album ever so Bay Area fans are jumping at the chance to see her live for what may be the last time. “Kill Bill is probably the best song she’s ever made,” commented Cody Malessi (12). SZA’s SOS tour is definitely the most important tour of her career and a must-see for Bay Area fans.