Last Minute Prom Dress? Here’s a Few Ideas

Sophia Bertolo, Reporter/Editor

Prom is arguably one of the most memorable nights in high school. The dancing, singing, and venues are all unforgettable. Unfortunately, so are the never-ending costs. Shoes, jewelry, transportation, and tickets can easily add up to hundreds of dollars. Why spend hundreds more? Here are a few dresses, all under $100, that you can wear to feel beautiful at prom this year. 

Rare Beauty Hunter Green Backless Maxi Dress; $69 (Lulus)

The Rare Beauty Hunter Green Backless Maxi Dress is a perfect option for those looking to feel gorgeous on prom night. The flow will make you feel like an absolute princess. This dress is from Lulu’s and is rated at 4.8 stars. While the dress tends to run slightly long, it is very easy to hem or tailor it. The colors include hunter green (image above), burgundy, and navy blue. A previous buyer stated in the reviews that the dress was “extremely comfortable and [she] received multiple compliments.”

Total Beauty Burgundy Satin Backless Maxi Dress; $99 (Lulus)

Looking to feel like pure royalty? The Total Beauty Burgundy Satin Backless Maxi Dress will do exactly that. The high-quality satin will feel smooth on your skin, guaranteeing you not only a beautiful night but a comfortable one too. This dress is produced by Lulu’s and runs an average rating of 4.1 stars. The fitting of the dress seems to run slightly long, but it’s nothing that some slight hemming can’t fix. The colors for this dress include burgundy (image above), yellow, and emerald green. A review from a previous buyer states that the dress “fit perfectly and had a nice weight to it so it didn’t feel like it would fly open.”

Betta Vanore Midi Dress Champagne; $68 (Princess Poly)

It wouldn’t be prom without some gorgeous silk dresses. Here we have the Betta Vanore Midi Dress in the color champagne. This dress is crafted by Princess Poly and runs an average rating of 4.6 stars. The dress tends to be true to size and can only be found in the color champagne. A pleased reviewer states that the dress was “thick and not translucent like other satin dresses [she has] tried.”

Walk the Line Maxi Dress; $55 (Princess Poly)

Let’s say hello to some vibrant colors! This is the Walk the Line Maxi Dress by Princess Poly. With a cowl neckline, fixed slim straps, and a low cut back, this dress is perfect for prom night. This dress runs an average rating of 4.5 stars and comes solely in the color magenta. The dress typically fits true to size, with invisible zip fasting in the back. Giselle, a previous buyer, states that the dress “was comfy and can be worn for multiple occasions”. 

Women’s A-Line Off the Shoulder Maxi Long Prom Dress; $51.99 (Ever Pretty)

The Women’s A-Line Off the Shoulder Maxi Long Prom Dress by Ever Pretty is a perfect option for prom this year. The dress runs an average rating of 4.8 stars and typically fits true to size. However, the dress material is not made to stretch. It is important to have proper measurements when ordering your dress. The available colors include purple orchid (image above), gray, navy blue, and dark green. Tasha, a pleased buyer, states the “dress quality is amazing, and for the price, it’s a steal.”

Women’s Spaghetti Strap Prom Dress Long Satin V Neck Formal Evening Ball Gowns; $73.99 (Amazon)

But what happens when you can’t find the perfect color? The Women’s Spaghetti Strap Prom Dress Long Satin V Neck Formal Evening Ball Gown from Amazon is a perfect option when looking for colors. With a running rating of 4.3 stars, the dress tends to run slightly large. However, a previous review states “the corset-like tie up in the back makes this dress easy for anybody shape to wear, just tighten or loosen accordingly.” Fitting aside, the colors available include black (image above), blue, burgundy, champagne, coral, fuchsia, green, gold, grape, hot pink, ivory, light blue, light pink, lilac, mint, navy blue, orange, pink, purple, red, rose pink, royal blue, teal, watermelon, white, and yellow.