Students Must Now Fill Out a Request Form to Print at Library

There have been some new changes at Granada this year like the semester switch, bathroom passes, and now there’s some change at the library. Starting January 8, right after winter break, students must fill out a request form to print documents at the library. It was implemented right after winter break before state and AP testing started and limits library accessibility. To get something printed at the library students must fill out this Google form where they pick if they want their paper black or coloured and when they want to pick up their papers. This is one of the many changes happening at GHS.

So why is this change being made? Ms. Roberts, the Library media specialist at Granada, says that she has “noticed that there were a lot of issues with connection issues, computer accessibility, and other issues when it came to students being able to print in the library”. The administration at Granada wanted to come up with “an easier way that would allow for students to utilize the printer in the library”.

Previously, students would have to go to the library and use the printer one at a time. This new system of having students fill out forms to print documents will give students more access to the printer. Students will be able “to submit this request during class time to pick up these documents without delay…if other students are currently using the computers to print documents in the library”. Students can submit requests in class and pick them up without missing too much class time.

This raises some questions over how long it will take for students to print their papers. This is why there are also specific time-frames like before or after school or during lunch, for when students can pick up their papers. Because of uncertainty about how many students would use the printer, there are designated timeframes to pick up the printed papers. This way students can receive their documents “in a timely manner”. Students just need to come to the library at the time they select in the Google form. If there’s a delay the student will be notified via email as soon as possible. 

The staff at Granada hope that this new change will better the experience at the Granada library and make printing projects, essays, and assignments easier. “In creating new systems, we hope that we can spread the news to students as quickly as possible…We are hopeful that this is a way to help more students at Granada. If you have more questions please let me know. Also, I’ve been working with Mr. Cain through this process and you can always reach out to him.” To ask more questions you can go to the library website for contact or visit the library itself.