Family Run Haunted House Returns To Livermore

Mom’s haunted house 2019 “wrong turn” cast.

Since 2004 Christie Smith, also known as ‘mom’, has been opening her house to the public as a haunted house attraction. By 2012 she had ramped up her Halloween spirit and, with the help of her extended family, turned her house into a fully fledged haunted house attraction staffed by her extended family. 

Starting with intricate decorating in the 90’s, Smith has always showcased her halloween spirit with her home. She started assigning themes to her haunted house attraction in 2015, including Mom’s haunted hospital, Mom’s haunted theater, Carnevil, Mom’s haunted dollhouse and wrong turn. By 2019, wrong turn, over 500 people flocked to the home to enter the haunted house. That was the last time Livermore had Mom’s haunted house in town, after she closed her home because of the covid pandemic.

When asked about the haunted house senior Julia Cuison said, “I heard that the year it was thrown, I would’ve gone if I knew it would have taken a hiatus afterwards.”

Friday, Oct. 28th Mom’s haunted house will return to Livermore for the first time in 4 years with the theme of “The Comeback.”

In an announcement Mom’s haunted house wrote, “Mom and her family would like to invite all fans of Halloween, haunted houses and horror movies to join us for ‘Mom’s Haunted House presents: The Comeback. This is a full production, walk-through haunted house at a private residence. All ages welcome but might be too scary for young children. Admission is always free.”

Senior Taylin Upshaw commented, “I always pay to go to a haunted house so it’s nice that there’s someone in the community doing it for free, I’ll definitely go this Friday.”

For the first time in 4 years, Mom’s haunted house will return to the community expecting their biggest crowd yet. The Comeback will take place Friday, Oct. 28 from 7-11 pm at 1379 Kathy Court, Livermore, CA.

View Comments (1)