GHS Teachers Top Movie Picks

Tyler Hayley, Reporter and Editor

So many movies come out every year that it’s hard to decide which ones are actually good. Well, the Granada staff has seen their fair share of films so here are a few picks from some of our GHS teachers.

Ms. Lillie suggests…

Ms. Lillie, a French teacher, suggests Uncharted. One of the newest action movies, it stars Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg as they race around the globe looking for nothing less but lost treasure. Thinking back on what she enjoyed about Uncharted, Ms. Lillie “…thought it was a great adventure movie, the acting was good, there was a twister too, and it was pretty clean.”

Ms. Reynoso suggests…

Ms. Reynoso, who teaches freshman and sophomore English, recommends Encanto. One of the newest animated movies from Disney, and its newest Oscar-winner, Encanto is all about a slightly-dysfunctional family who have all been blessed with a miracle- but not all is right with their magic. Ms. Reynoso felt the film was very heartwarming and that “…most adults would relate to the pressure song so I really enjoyed that and I also enjoyed the character of Bruno and the song about Bruno.” A good, family-friendly movie, Ms. Reynoso gave it a 10/10 and thinks you should see it too.

Mr. S suggests…

“I would recommend Turning Red.” Mr. S, another English teacher at Granada, suggests you see Turning Red, one of 2022’s newest and most promising films. Already garnering great reviews, Turning Red is about a group of girls who have to learn what growing up is all about. Mr. S. thinks people should see this film “Because the animation is beautiful, it’s well written, and it was a heartfelt story.”

Ms. Johnson suggests…

Ms. Johnson, one of Granada’s newest teachers, comes with not a movie but a documentary. She suggests My Octopus Teacher which follows documentarian Craig Foster as he befriends and researches a wild South African octopus. An interesting documentary that dives into the wonders of our world, Ms. Johnson recommends My Octopus Teacher “…because I learned a lot and I grew a large respect for wildlife and sea creatures.” I know I’m excited to see this documentary and you should be too.